It's called sleep paralysis

by - 5:22 pm

 
Till now,
I just realized the sleepwalking dream that I described when I was in form 3 is called as 'sleep paralysis'.
The exactly description that I experienced as what it wrote in Google.




'Sleep paralysis have been described in many ways and often attributed to an "evil" presence: unseen night demons in ancient times, the old hag in Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet, and alien abductors. Almost every culture throughout history has had stories of shadowy evil creatures that terrify helpless humans at night. People have long sought explanations for this mysterious sleep-time paralysis and the accompanying feelings of terror.'

 
 Dreaming of being paralyzed (whether the dream was a nightmare or not) can mean that you have a feeling in your waking life that things are not under your control at all and you really don't know what to do.

Paralysis can also indicate that you are afraid to do or say something in day to day life. This will usually revolve around something that is important to you rather than something inconsequential. It might be that you have a decision to make and it's a scary one and you don't know what to do for the best.


Paralysis is a very primeval fear for most people and to have that reflected within a dream indicates how important something may be. The issue or issues it refers to usually go to the very heart of a person's being.


Dreaming of being paralyzed is not uncommon and it's a very good indicator of the helplessness that is sometimes felt during waking life. Think of it as a wake up call to get things back on an even keel.
Paralysis on rare occasions can be traced back to childhood trauma or sometimes to trauma experienced as an adult. Whichever is the case it might be that you need to consider therapy to help you overcome past issues. This is particularly true in the case of trauma related dreams if the dream is a recurring one. Your sub-conscious is telling you in no uncertain terms that you have unresolved issues.
 
 
verobaby123 profile image What does my dream mean when its like i can't move, and i want to & i struggle but it feels like...somethings holding me down.. I can't talk but i want to scream out for help but nothing comes out.

 
 
 
Crissylite profile image83

Crissylite says

It's called sleep paralysis. I've had sleep paralysis before; a few times. It's like your spirit is awake but your body is still sleep, and you struggle to move or open your eyes. Once, when I was younger, it was in the form of a dream. In the dream, I was under a bus and I couldn't break free. It scared me then. However, I don't think you should worry about it. I've noticed it came when I either had extreme tiredness or was going through emotional stuff in my life. Are you getting enough rest or is there something going on in your life that you feel you have no control over?
Once, I just laid there and just went back to sleep (I figured that I just wasn't ready to get up yet). But I will say that if you want to get up, just thinking about the name of Jesus and His power will free you from the sleep paralysis at that very moment. Through the name of Jesus, you have control of your body and the authority.
 
 
 
 
 
 
This is exactly the sleepwalking dream that I experience when I was form 3.
The ghosts come and catch me,
I wanna move but can't move.
I wanna scream but can't talk.
 
 
Well,
now I am busying my assignment right now.
Later,
I gonna write out what nightmare I been experienced on last night because lcl told me
'If I were her child, she will shut the window and locked me in room.'
After a couple of days, which is on last night,
I got nightmare of ghost again :(
Scary, scary, its really scary!
I still remembered the dream till now!

 

 
 
 
 
And Google teach me,
next time if I wanna wake up,
I just thinking about the name of Jesus and his power will free me up from the nightmare at that very moment. :)
 
 
 
 
 
 


You May Also Like

0 comments